7 Quick Tips on Email Subject Lines
Get more people to read your emails
7 Subject line tips
If you have open rates of 30%, that’s not bad. But when you stop and think, that’s 70% of people who ignored you.
Here are some tips to get more engagement.
1. Be relevant to your audience – are you telling them something of interest to them or to you?
2. Be timely – send at the right time of day and on the right days (use send time optimisation)
3. Be purposeful – remind yourself of the goal of the email, and now think of its subject line
4. Resend – change your subject line and go again on a different day
5. Mix it up – too many subject lines are too corporate; try something different
6. Keep it short
7. Spend time on it – the rule of thumb is spend the same amount of time on your subject lines as your content